Sneaky Keys T + Cs.
Terms and Conditions.
Sneaky Keys Liability Release
SNEAKY KEYS MUSIC CLASSES 2022
• Payment for the term is required before the student’s first class. This will be taken as the first class deposit when you sign-up.
• There is a term commitment for all classes (10-11 weeks depending on the term).
After completing your first term, your enrolment rolls over to the following terms until you cancel, giving 2 weeks notice before a new term commences.
We’ll send out reminders before each term to give you a deadline for cancellation. If you do not give the required notice of cancellation, your child will be auto-enrolled in the same class for the next term and payment will be processed at the start of the new term.
• Keys classes fortnightly direct debit is $70 (2x 45 min classes) – $350 per term.
• Singers fortnightly direct debit is $60 (2x 45 min classes) – $300 per term.
• Toddler / Preschooler Music classes fortnightly direct debit is $38 (2x 30 min classes) – $190 per term.
• All direct debits pause for the school holidays as regular classes do not operate – optional school holiday classes run instead.
Change of Mind and Cancellations
• Change of mind does not qualify for a refund.
• Late cancellation of enrolment after the term has commenced will incur a $40 late cancellation fee.
• If your account has insufficient funds or is declined, please make an alternative payment within 3 business days to avoid a late payment fee of $5.
• Deposits taken for new students and continuing enrolments are non-refundable and are put towards their total term fees.
• Once your account has been set up with your preferred billing method, your account will be debited automatically in fortnightly instalments for the term’s classes. If you prefer to pay the term in advance, please let the Director know.
• If you are planning to discontinue lessons after a term, please inform the Director in writing at least 2-weeks before the next term commences. The termination will take effect once you have notified the school of your cancellation after completing your agreed term, and provided that all payments for the agreed term have successfully been processed.
• Sneaky Keys will send email reminders for you to notify us of any changes, otherwise, it is assumed you are continuing on for the next term and will be debited the next fortnightly instalment at the commencement of the new term. Late cancellations (after the provided deadline date) will not be refunded.
• No refunds will be given.
• Missed classes will not be credited unless the teacher is unable to teach the class.
• Student sickness/early holidays/change of mind etc. does not qualify for a refund of tuition.
• Make-up classes are offered for students who miss a class due to illness or holidays only if we have an available and suitable class for them to attend. You are not guaranteed a make-up class if you miss your regular class. We do not credit classes if you cannot attend.
• Late notice of cancellation does not qualify for a make-up class (minimum 4 hours notice prior to class start time is required).
• Any student, parent or guardian who has even the mildest of cold and flu symptoms (runny nose, cough, headache, extreme fatigue, fever) must not attend the school. We will try to arrange a make-up class once your child’s symptoms have cleared, and/or if they have received a negative COVID-19 test result.
• Please wear a mask inside the school if you are on the mend (no longer contagious) but still coughing or sneezing. This applies to both students and parents.
• If your child is presenting cold/flu symptoms in class without wearing a mask, we will call you to pick them up from class right away.
• Hand washing or sanitiser must be applied before entering the classroom.
Siblings & Parent Attendance
(3-5 year-old preschool students)
• A parent/guardian must accompany and participate with the child during the lesson as required by the music teacher for our youngest beginners.
• Siblings may attend the school but need to remain in the waiting area, they are not allowed inside the classroom.
• It is important that our students are able to hear and concentrate at all times. Please do not take offence if your teacher asks you to take a sibling outside of the waiting area for being noisy – they are prioritising the learning of the students in the class.
• Parent/guardian attendance is optional. No parent/guardian participation is required.
Food & Drink / Keeping Clean
• No food or drink is permitted inside the school with the exception of bottled water, which may remain in classrooms in the designated area only (not on top of the pianos).
• Students must clean their hands before entering the classroom (wash and/or hand sanitiser).
• Any damage caused to our instruments by a student disobeying the teacher’s instructions must be compensated for (repair or replacement) at the request of the Director.
Behaviour & Damages
• Disruptive or disrespectful behaviour during Sneaky Keys music classes will not be tolerated and offending students may be asked to leave the school at the discretion of the School Director.
• Parents/Guardians attending classes or sitting in the waiting area need to be mindful of the students and not talk loudly during class. If your phone rings, please take it outside to avoid disrupting the class.
• Siblings of enrolled students are not permitted in the classroom.
• If a student deliberately causes damage to any property or musical instruments owned by Sneaky Keys, the cost of the damage repairs or replacement will be charged to the parent/guardian.
Photography & Mobile Phones
• No photos or videos are permitted during classes (except for performances).
• For the purposes of advertising or concert photography, videos and photographs of performances and activities in class may be taken. Notice will be provided before such occasions. Please advise the Director if you would prefer your child not to be photographed in these circumstances.
• Security cameras are installed in the classrooms and waiting area for insurance purposes.
As accepted with your enrolment, and once your child begins classes at Sneaky Keys, it will signify that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions provided above.
We look forward to having you join our growing music community and we hope that this is the beginning of many years of successful music education for your child!