Sneaky Keys is the way the kids of today prefer to learn music.
It’s a pretty humble brag, we know. But one we’re proud to share.
You’re probably thinking, “How can they be so sure?” or “This is what they all say”.
Well, we’ll start with what we Do and Don’t do to give you a bit of an idea.
- Only teach in groups. Classes of between 4 – 10 kids.
- Teach a program you won’t find anywhere else.
- Create our own music, mash-ups, and teach pop songs + classic hits.
- Sprinkle in the use of technology in class – big screens with animated keys.
- Have our own app for student practice.
- Believe that learning music is more than just being able to play an instrument.
- Teach private lessons.
- Pursue AMEB exams.
If you’re still dancing to the beat of our drum – read on.
What you have:
- A bright, bubbly personality – a real ‘people person’.
- The love to teach.
- The know how to get on the kids’ level – inspiring and motivating them each week.
- An ability to converse with parents with confidence.
- Are able play the piano at a grade 7 standard – relax, you don’t need to have done the exam.
- A Strong understanding of songwriting theory.
- Can sing in Solfege (Do Re Mi) for pitch recognition (fixed Do).
- A willingness to learn and grow with us.
- Are organised and punctual.
You might also have:
- Experience using GarageBand or similar.
- An ability to compose tracks and create music scores.
- Experience as a Singing Teacher
The role is 12-15 hours a week initially with room to grow with us.
If this position sounds like you – we’d love to hear from you.